There are so many awesome new trends in the wedding industry. Bohemian style weddings are on the rise and I am ALL ABOUT IT! Ian and I pride ourselves in being a little unconventional. Our wedding was an intimate pirate themed pool party! So when I saw that the wedding industry was breaking away from stark white and perfected details, I got so excited!
Weddings are getting smaller and more intimate with more of the budget being spent on beautiful, one of a kind decor. Rustic decor is still going strong (and I’ll write about that soon), but right now- beautiful, whimsical, and colorful boho styles are all the rage. My inner hippie bohemian soul is so excited!
I did a little research and I picked out some of the most beautiful boho wedding decor that I could find from small artisan businesses and you can see it all below in this lengthy (yet visually STUNNING) post. HAPPY PLANNING!
Bohemian Wedding Decor
Some of these links below are affiliate links which means, at absolutely no extra cost to you, we will get a small percentage in commission from your purchase that will help keep this blog running. Please note: we will never post a gift that isn’t handmade and awesome (I thoroughly screen every one)! You can read our full disclaimer here.
Also, did you know you could get 1% cash back from your Etsy purchases and 2% cash back from Amazon Handmade through Ebates? Get on it! (When you sign up through this link and spend $25, you’ll get 10 bucks on top of the money you’ll get back shopping with them. I LOVE EBATES!)
While you’re standing in front of the one you love and there are a few rows of guests staring up at the both of you- what else do they see? What are you framed with? In a church, maybe it’s flowers and a big stained glass window or alter. Outdoor boho weddings bring the beauty of nature into your ceremony and these hand tied macrame masterpieces compliment that just right!
- This 4′ x6′ macrame hanging would make a STUNNING backdrop for your ceremony. It’s handmade with 100% cotton rope by MacrameElegance in Napa, California (whose whole shop is stunning), but order early! It takes about 4-6 weeks to create special just for you. Get it here.
2. This beautiful macrame backdrop is handmade by WallKnot in London. It measures 70″ x 100″ and, if you hurry, their wedding backdrops are currently 15% off! Added bonus: they have matching chair covers! Get it here.
Wedding Cake Toppers
If you’re not a fan of those played out bride-dragging-groom wedding cake toppers (I’d like to think he came willingly), here are a few beautiful alternatives:
1. If you want to keep it simple, this gorgeous cake topper from alphabetcanvas in Los Angeles is made from Birch wood and is gold foiled. It comes in gold, silver, and rose gold. Check it out right here.
3. Everyone knows your names, right? It’s on the invitations, mentioned in the ceremony, announced at the start of the reception, and I’m pretty sure the guests are all your friends and family! So why not a cake topper that captures the sentiment of the event? This beautiful topper is from SimplyLaser is about 8″x8″ and comes in a variety of colors. Get it here!
People are branching out and trying new things instead of the usual paper place cards. Why not use a beautiful place card that could double as a beautiful favor?
- These stunning marble stone place cards are hand painted by Slinging Inks in Houston, TX. They come in a few different sizes and would look absolutely stunning with any decor. Get them here! Be sure to check out their gorgeous shop where they have a variety of place card options including Magnolia leaves, tiles, agate slices, and more!
2. These absolutely beautiful agate stone slices are hand painted by HudsonInk in Brooklyn, NY. You can get them in a few different color varieties including blue and green. Check them out here! Alyssa offers a few other custom calligraphy products like addressed envelopes and custom menus. Be sure to check out her shop!
3. These hand stamped Birch wood slices are a beautiful addition to any nature-based wedding decor. Get them here! They’re made by RachelEmmaStudio in the UK who has a variety of other gorgeous wedding products. Be sure to check out her shop!
Guest Book Table
The first thing anyone sees when they arrive to your reception is usually your guest book table. Wow them with one of a kind decor!
- This card box would be a beautiful addition to your table. It comes in three different sizes and you can get it here. It’s made by RedHeartCreations in Clayton, NC and I suggest you check out the rest of their shop as they have many other amazing designs.
2. A beautiful welcome sign is a must. This one comes in 5 different stain colors and I love that it incorporates a custom hashtag! Ian and I used one for our wedding and it was a great way to look back at the fun that everyone had on our big day. This sign is from CFWeddings in Chicago. You can get it here!
Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the big items- the dress, the table settings, the music- we forget about the small, fun stuff. Here are a few really cool ideas for the small details:
- These lace tambourines are an awesome way for your guests to send you off or welcome you in as you’re officially announced. Get a set of 20 here from Mymookitty in Forth Worth, TX.
2. This gorgeous flower crown is made by BloomDesignStudio in Portland, OR. I love the look of a bride accented with flowers. I wore fresh lavender in my hair on our big day! Get this one here and check out Laura’s shop for more options!
4. Your jewelry is a great place to incorporate color. This turquoise piece is made by SheekyDoodle in Idaho, a maker featured on Amazon’s new Handmade platform. Check it out here!
Don’t forget! Sign up over at Ebates to get your 1% cash back on Etsy or 2% cash back on Amazon Handmade! Sign up with this link and when you spend $25, you’ll get $10 on top of the cash back from your purchase! Even better, if Ebates finds a coupon code on the site you’re shopping on, it’ll apply it for you – getting you the best deal possible.
I hope I helped you with some inspiration for your Boho wedding day! Etsy and Amazon Handmade are great places to find unique and sometimes one-of-a-kind items for any occasion.
Until next time,
Be kind and live purposely.
Bowtie and the Bandit